#其實林鄭係最支持罷工 #佢一早已經罷到入土為安了
【代發】
機場前線公務員,帶領香港人守護年輕一代
Frontline Civil Servants in the Aviation Industry stand with Hong Kong Youngsters
不知道行政長官林鄭月娥女士、律政司司長鄭若驊女士、保安局局長李家超先生和警務處處長盧偉聰先生,你們最近有看過香港的天空嗎?她,最近變了色。
We wonder if our Chief Executive Ms. Carrie Lam, our Secretary for Justice Ms. Teresa Cheng, our Secretary for Security Mr. John Lee, and our Commissioner of Police Mr. Lo Wai-chung have recently looked up to the sky. The sky was darkened with tears.
數月來,特區政府的冷處理,刻意縱容前線警員濫用暴力,漠視無證綠衫軍在街上執行所謂的「警權」。在民居旁、在商場裡施放催淚煙,在鬧市中舉起雷明登霰彈槍,把香港長久以來的法治制度送上絕路。
In the last few months, Hong Kong government paid no attention to police discharging duties without warrants and sometimes even pampered frontline officers to use excessive force towards Hong Kong people. Police fired tear gas in the vicinity of households and shopping malls and pointed a Remington shotgun towards protestors in a populated district. Their action totally disregarded the rule of law.
天氣不似預期,我們沉默應對。天有不測風雲,去年「山竹」來襲,今年突如其來的「韋帕」,我們前線人手雖然極為緊拙,但我們堅守崗位,並維持香港機場廿四小時的安全運作。我們是航空交通管制主任,守護香港的天空是我們的職責。
We as air traffic controllers perform our duties professionally come rain or shine. Although we experienced a shortage of manpower during both the passage of Typhoon Mangkhut last year and tropical cyclone Wipha a few days ago, we served the aviation community with perseverance and maintained the safe operation of Hong Kong International Airport round the clock. It is our duties to safeguard the sky.
不得不承認,我們都是比較幸運的一群,成長於我城最繁華的時代。還記得那些年的暑假,快樂是很廉價,用緊拙的零用錢就可以和朋友相聚一天。長大後,考上了這夢寐以求的工作,仿彿把幾生修來的運氣都用盡了。
Admittedly, we are coined as the lucky generation. We were born in an era when this city flourished and prospered. Back when we were in college, we spent every single day joyfully with our innocent classmates. The happiness we experienced was worth a lot more than the few bucks we received as pocket money every day. As graduate, we were recruited as Student Air Traffic Control Officers, a dream-come-true job for all of us.
誰料這個年頭的年輕人,花光了自己僅餘的積蓄,放棄和朋友的旅行計劃,挨著餓站到最前,是為了救救我們的香港。每一位都知道付出的不只是一個暑假,是最少十年的牢獄之苦。你們又知道嗎?他們的背包裡都有一封遺書。我們還憑甚麼擁有香港的年輕人呢?
Just look at the younger generation nowadays. They spent the few bucks they received as pocket money to safeguard this city, forfeiting their joyful and innocent time that they supposed to have spent with their mates. Not only do they dedicate a few months of summer holiday for safeguarding Hong Kong, but also the ten-year imprisonment that likely awaits. We were deeply grieved when we were told that some of these youngsters even have their last words written and left in their pockets when they head out for protest. We are unworthy of these brave and innocent teenagers.
年長一輩常常説,今天的成果是由他們的汗水換來。但這些所謂的成果一天一天被蠶食,你們又有否為年輕人守護著這一切?年輕人願以十年的青春守護著我們的未來,我們可以為年輕人站起來,一起為香港、為自由、為良知嗎?
The older generation used to say that the prosperity of this city was built upon their toil and sweat. Now, are you willing to stand up and fight for our rights when you witness this city declining? While our teenagers are willing to spend ten years of their youth to safeguard Hong Kong’s future; are you willing to stand with them, side by side, with conscience, to fight for freedom and a better future?
我們希望藉此呼籲各界,尤其航空界同業,參與8月5日的「全港三罷,七區集會」。同時,對於部門有同事,甚至管理層,刻意製造白色恐怖,我們予以強烈譴責。我們再次提醒同事們注意身體、精神及情緒健康,適時尋求醫生的專業意見,以保障航空交通安全。我們將由即日起按章工作,待時機成熟,我們不排除罷工的可能性,直至政府正面回應民間五大訴求。
We sincerely appeal to HongKongers from all walks of life, especially those working in the aviation industry, to unite and participate in the massive city-wide strike on August 5. At the same time, we strongly condemn the fact that there are colleagues and management who deliberately create white terror within the department. We would like to kindly remind our colleagues to pay close attention to their physical, mental and emotional health conditions to ensure air traffic safety at all times, and seek professional medical advice in a timely manner if deemed necessary. We work to rule from now on and would consider to strike when the time has come, until the government has addressed our demands positively.
年輕人,你們並不孤單。作為航空交通管制員,我們的專業與良知,與你們同行,守護我們的未來。
Teenagers of Hong Kong, you are not alone. As air traffic controllers, we walk with you hand in hand with professionalism and conscience. We will fight for our future together.
#首先是香港人 #然後是公僕
#香港警察721首先罷工
#林鄭緊隨其後罷工至今
toil安土日 在 食物課 Foodie Studies Facebook 的精選貼文
【食物社會課】我們要麵包,也要玫瑰(以及,不要小看瑪莉亞們)
從19世紀開始,經歷工業化與工廠擴張,在少有相關法律保護的情況下,使工人們境遇悲慘。
其中女性受到更大的剝削,她們在高度人力需求下走出家庭,各行各業大量雇傭女工,讓她們做與男工同樣的活,但工資時常只有男工的1/2或1/3,且備受歧視。
漸漸地,各種抗議和罷工活動興起。1857年3月8日,美國紐約的製衣和紡織女工走上街頭,抗議惡劣的工作條件和低薪。1959年,人們成立了工會。
抗爭持續發生。
1908年,近一萬五千名婦女走上紐約街頭,要求縮短工作時間,增加工資和享有選舉權等。
1909年,紐約襯衫工廠罷工,超過兩萬名工人走出工廠,其中主導的Clara Lemlich是名來自烏克蘭的猶太女性。
1910年,芝加哥勞動婦女罷工,最終超過四萬人參與。在此之間,出生於波蘭的女性工會領袖Rose Schneiderman喊出了象徵經濟保障和生活質量的「麵包與玫瑰」的標語。
1911年,紐約三角內衣工廠大火,人們才發現工廠裡只有幾桶水,且為了防止工人溜班,工廠將通向樓梯井和出口的門全部上鎖,最終使事發後許多女工未能及時逃生。女工來自波蘭、意大利、愛爾蘭、俄國各地,這場火災敦促了立法要求改善工廠安全標準,並且促進了國際婦女服裝工人聯合會(ILGWU)的發展。
1911年,作家James Oppenheim寫了詩作〈麵包與玫瑰(bread and roses)〉
1912年,在美國勞倫斯(Lawrence),州政府通過一項法案,把週最高工時降低為54小時、同時不得減薪。但下個發薪日,紡織廠工作的波蘭及義大利移民女工發現薪水減少了,開始抗爭。原本以為這群外國女工無法成大事的資本家們,最後在數萬名勞工與輿論的壓力下妥協,影響整個新英格蘭地區超過二十七萬五千紡織工得到加薪。
罷工期間,女工們在遊行布條上寫著:”We want bread and roses too.”
而後,有了這首歌。
As we go marching, marching, in the beauty of the day
當我們行進 行進 在美好的日子裡
A million darkened kitchens, a thousand mill lofts gray
無數暗黑的廚房 無數霾灰的廠房
Are touched with all the radiance that a sudden sun discloses
都因我們的行進 把陽光帶進
For the people hear us singing,
因為人們聽到我們的歌聲
bread and roses, bread and roses.
「麵包與玫瑰!麵包與玫瑰!」
As we go marching, marching, we battle too for men.
當我們行進 行進 也為男性戰鬥
For they are women’s children and we mother them again.
他們也是女性的孩子 我們再次成為他們的母親
Our lives shall not be sweetened from birth until life closes.
我們的生命 不應從出生到結束都無絲毫甜蜜
Hearts starve as well as bodies,
心靈的需要 與溫飽同重
give us bread, but give us roses.
「我們要麵包,也要玫瑰!」
As we come marching, marching, un-numbered women dead
當我們行進 行進 無數姐妹已犠牲
Go crying through our singing their ancient call for bread,
在歌聲中泣喊的 是久遠以來對溫飽的渴求
Small art and love and beauty their trudging spirits knew
一點藝術 一點愛 一點美好 是她們受苦的靈魂所求
Yes, it is bread we fight for,
對 我們為麵包而奮鬥
but we fight for roses, too.
也為玫瑰而奮鬥
As we go marching, marching, we bring the greater days
當我們行進 行進 我們帶來更好的明天
for the rising of the women means the rising of the race.
女性的提升 意味著人們的提升
No more the drudge and idler, ten that toil where one reposes,
再沒有奴役與剝削 再沒有老闆枕上香 長工露水寒
but the sharing of life’s glories,
只有所有人分享生命的榮光
bread and roses, bread and roses.
「麵包與玫瑰! 麵包與玫瑰!」
這些抗爭追求的是婦女的權益,是勞工的權益,是移工們在陌生土地工作時應有的權益,是人該有的權益,無論來自哪裏,是瑪莉亞還是小明。
”What the woman who labors wants is the right to live, not simply exist — the right to life as the rich woman has the right to life, and the sun and music and art. You have nothing that the humblest worker has not a right to have also. The worker must have bread, but she must have roses, too. Help, you women of privilege, give her the ballot to fight with.“ -Rose Schneiderman
影片出處:電影《Pride》台譯:驕傲大聯盟
http://yt1.piee.pw/G564C